Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week Eight Reflection

The final product is everything I hoped it would be and more. This is not to say though, that editing the music video was not a difficult task. On the contrary, it took about 10 hours total to edit the music video in its entirety. The song used turned out to be "Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service. I found the song simply by scrolling through my iTunes library until I found something that stuck out to me. I didn't want to do simply a song I liked, but rather one that sounded like visual images could mesh well with the song in unique ways.

Coming up with the idea for the video took quite a while, and we moved through several different ideas. Looking back upon our older ideas, I am glad that we finally came up with the plot dealing with an ironic sort of death. The plot allowed for a lot of creative scenes as well as some interesting B-role film. Shooting went smoothly for the most part, though of course laying "dead" on Charles Street wasn't the easiest of tasks. However, we got all the shots that we needed to in a short amount of time and we had more than enough material. Originally I thought that the movie wouldn't have enough material to fill four minutes, but I ended up having more than I needed.

The editing process was excruciating. Nearly ten hours later though, the final product is something that I am very proud of. I realized that there are tons of problems that come up throughout the process; most of my problems dealt with problems with the film clips being available. In the end though, everything came together very smoothly and I have another video to add to my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment