Thursday, December 23, 2010

Final Class Reflection

Video 1. Overall, the class has really helped me become more involved in a field that I am now seriously considering as a profession. I came into the class knowing only about Sony Vegas, and now I consider myself pretty proficient with Final Cut Pro, a far better program in my opinion. I am getting involved in GreyComm next semester as well in order to get more experience in both writing and production. The Video I class has plunged me into the next phase of my career, or at least what I am interested in - who knows what I will end up doing in the "real world".

From long takes to music videos, we covered a wide range of shooting techniques and video editing techniques. Before the class I only had basic knowledge, but after the class, I feel as I know a good amount about lighting, more specifically three-point lighting; I know how to handle a video camera, and more specifically, I notice the different movements while watching a film; I also know how to do more techniques within a video editing program - what's corny and what actually looks good; I can make a DVD menu - something that can make or break the film you are attempting to put on a DVD.

I will definitely be taking more video-type classes in the future, as I am in Sight, Sound, Motion next semester. Hopefully, a Video 2 class is approved for the future, as this would be something that I would certainly be interested in. The techniques that I learned in the class are indispensable and I plan to continue my work throughout my college career, and hopefully beyond that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment