Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Week Six Reflection

The last project we did was the interview project. This project was unlike anything I had ever done before. There is very little editing that can be done in an interview besides the cuts between different sections of the interview as well as the nod shots that are strategically placed throughout. However, despite being somewhat limited in the editing aspect, I still greatly enjoyed the process of the actual interview. My interviewee was very easy to work with and had very full and straightforward answers. He made my job as the interviewer very easy. I feel like the interview was interesting too - Claudio was very passionate about everything he said and it came forth in the interview. The whole interview lasted for nearly 25 minutes, so cutting it down to about 12 was a pretty difficult task, but the most interesting information definitely made it through to the final product.

I am also very much looking forward to creating a commercial or PSA. There are so many good ideas out there, but they are very difficult to create yourself. I have been looking to other commercials for inspiration and many of the ones I have come upon are brilliant. A couple examples are the "Got Milk Aaron Burr" commercial as well as the "Dentine Ice Condom" commercial. Both of these are extremely creative and it is very tough to come up with something as clever as these commercials. Regardless I have a few ideas lined up and the process of creating the commercial should be enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment